Camp Bothellhood- August 21-23
Arrive at BHS on August 21 at 7:30 AM
Players and coaches will be spending the first 3 days of official fall football practice August 21-23 at Camp Bothellhood at Bothell High School.
Booster Club pays all the expenses for Camp Bothellhood from the auction proceeds.
What we need from parents is an Affirmation Letter!
Please view the Affirmation Letter link there you will find a letter from Coach Bainter regarding the need for each family to write a letter of affirmation to their player. Coach has been doing this for the past several years and returning players probably expect this to happen but he asks that you keep this quiet and not let the players read the letters in advance. These letters will be distributed to each player at camp to be read privately following a team activity.
Letters are due August 14th: Mail to Cougar Football Club PO Box 42 Bothell 98041
Wondering Why Coach asks for Affirmation Letters? Below is an article by the LA Times: Bernstein Football Letters and E:60 profile.
E:60 - The Lettermen (View Here)
Please note your players name on the outside of the sealed envelope for easy distribution.
WHAT SHOULD A PLAYER BRING TO CAMP?
Camp Bothellhood– August 21-23
Reminders to Players:
1. This football camp is intended to help us get better as a football team. Players will be learning new skills, techniques and schemes, and most importantly becoming closer as a group.
2. Like all privileges there is responsibility. Players are representing Bothell High School and our football program. Do not do anything to embarrass yourself or our school.
- All Bothell High School athletic code rules apply at camp! “Do the right thing!”
- Any person violating camp rules will be sent home immediately, forfeiting their camp experience.
- Have fun, learn a bunch, and make it a great experience.
Reminders to Parents:
This camp is meant for the players & coaches only. Coach asks all parents to respect this request and not come up to watch practices.
Emergency Contact: Coach Bainter – 206-795-9922
WHAT TO BRING:
Practice jersey, shorts, helmet & cleats – No pads needed WIAA rules dictates that the first three days of practice are without pads.
A comfortable pair of running shoes
Personal toiletry items: soap, shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, sun screen, contact lens items, and medications (allergy, inhalers, etc. You must check in all medications with Trainer Dan)
Plenty of socks, t-shirts, underwear for practice sessions (there will be 2 practices each day)
Pillow, sleeping bag or bedding material & Air Mattress (we will be sleeping on the gym floor)
TOWEL – for showers!
Shorts, t-shirts, sweat pants, hoodie, etc. for evening team activities
DO NOT BRING:
Money – there is nothing to buy!